2024年6月28日金曜日

In theory you are right. But in reality there is not much distinction between Butusdan and Kamidana (or Temple and Shrine) for most Shinto practitioners.

 Feb. 14, 2022  03:41 am JST

Posted in: Japan's Shinto religion is going global and attracting online followers  See in context

EvilBuddhaT:

Um you have got your religions mixed up mate. Butsudan is a Buddhist altar, and while some Japanese homes might enshrine Shinto talisman in it, it is not meant for that purpose.

A Shinto altar is called kamidana I believe.

In theory you are right. But in reality there is not much distinction between Butusdan and Kamidana (or Temple and Shrine) for most Shinto practitioners. You offer your prayer to Shinbutu (神仏). I have grown up in a family where my grandmother was very religious. She offered the same prayer (for health of our family members) to at Butsudan and Kamidana. And she visited both local Shrines and Buddhist temples for the same reason. As a boy, I did not see any difference in her.

There are no Shinto shrines where I live (near New York City), so I go to a Buddhist Temple to offer my Shinto prayer in a way my grandmother had always done.

自民裏金、旧安倍派の会計責任者に有罪判決 東京地裁

自民党派閥の政治資金規正法違反事件で、同法違反(虚偽記入)の罪に問われた旧安倍派の会計責任者、松本淳一郎被告(77)の判決公判が30日、東京地裁であった。細谷泰暢裁判長は「政治資金に対する国民の信頼を損ない、政治不信を招いた」などとして、禁錮3年、執行猶予5年(求刑禁錮3年)の判...